The Callistan Corporatewealth, or just the Corporatewealth is one of the main terragen powers in known space.
The history of the Corporatewealth
In the current era of economic revival following the period of Warring States that succeeded the fall of the Second Federation early in the current 16th Era, the Terran Corporatewealth began when a number of planets linked through trade, stable wormhole conduits, and cultural ties, established a uniform currency, and later, a shared government.
For a while, under weak leaders the Administration was little more than a rubber stamp for the Oligarchy of Nobles and the Transtellar Corporations. But under strong leaders like Jonia Connar it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
Over the years, various factions have dominated, and government has swung between far right and center left. Also, particular worlds do not necessarily follow the policy of the federal government.
During this golden age, the Corporatewealth became the primary superpower in the human diaspora. Including billions more orbitals and habitats, this was a star-spanning cultural, economic, and military juggernaut provides excellent sapient rights for those fortunate enough to be recognised as citizens.
The Corporatewealth Today
The current corporatewealth consists of the amalgamation of hundreds of different and sometimes quite distinct polities and solar systems which share common ideological, political, economic, and military tendencies. Most of these are human but includes over a dozen alien races as well as well as AIs, all are accorded equal rights. The digital exchange unit is the fedcredollar or feddie (strong currency). Most urban areas and commercial centers are full of madverts.
Despite high standards of living, many injustices remain. For many splices, indentured laborers, pleebs, and refugees, the situation is not so rosy.
The Founding Member Worlds
- Argalandar – wealthy, showy, prosperous, many corporations.
- Arrenac – administrative capital (govsec), mining, hab, industry
- Banks – huge populated worlds and habs, the most socialist (welfare) of the founding worlds
- Elysium – space habs, class stratification, some luxurious others impoverished, high tech
- Isis – also entertainment, hedonics, also class stratification with less advantaged.
- Marduk – industrial complex, military industrial, maufacturing, deep well industrial zones, also extensive population on moons and space habs
- Matrix – infotech hub, also populated worlds, sprawling asteroid habs
- Nony (New Old New Yearth) – mercentile hub and major population center
- Nuiterra – garden world, since totally overpopulated, many arcologies, two moons, larger and smaller.
- Zubrin – large population center, space habs, asteroid habs and industries, comm hubs